This seminar is an introduction to the theory and application of California Self Defense Laws. The laws apply to ANY use of force against another person. Get detailed information on how the practical dynamics of the legal system will be applied to you in the aftermath of your use of force.
Learn from the expertise of veteran police officer, Riley Schrader (Ret.), about how the legal system really works regarding using force in your defense, whether or not guns are involved.
In addition to the actual law, the additional factors of political correctness, social “pressures”, and your social media image, etc., will all be in play, whether you like it or not. Learn your vulnerabilities, conduct yourself accordingly, and win the second battle; become hard to convict.
YOU WILL LEARN
- The potential criminal charges that you may face
- The legal definition of “Self-Defense”
- The 5 Elements of Legal Self Defense
- AOJ criteria to articulate your need to defend yourself
- The “letter of the law”, the “politics” of the law, and what you can do about either of them
- What the terms “Stand Your Ground”, “Castle Doctrine”, “Duty to Retreat”, and “Self-Defense Immunity” really mean…and what they DON’T mean
- The value, and appropriateness, of other force options and why they may be critical to you
- What to say to the 911 Operator, responding law enforcement officers, and investigating detectives. It is different for each!
- How and why to document all of your “Specialized Knowledge” so that you may legally educate the jury about why you acted in your case
- How and why to select your attorney, in advance, of a potential use-of-force incident
- How to develop a proper, and legal, strategy to help your attorney defend your use-of-force event
This presentation does not constitute legal advice nor establish any confidential relationship. It will educate the participant about the practicalities of the criminal justice system when you have used defensive force and when you need to consult with a licensed attorney to properly represent you. Current events will be discussed and evaluated.
Included in the presentation for each attendee:
- A printed and bound slide deck of the presentation materials
- Certificate of Completion
These materials are provided to assist you in completely documenting your training and specialized knowledge of self-defense issues and may be useful in your future legal defense.
In addition to the regularly scheduled presentations, this class is available as a special event hosted at your small group or organization’s private venue. Contact DFI to request a quote.